The Port of Brownsville is governed by three elected Commissioners.
The general functions of the District Board of Commissioners are to:
- Promote good Port management including the development, maintenance and improvement of the Port and related facilities as well as the protection of the Port’s natural environment.
- Oversee organized methods and efficient financial management.
- Attract a staff of highly qualified and competent employees and provide these employees with a clean, safe working environment and opportunities for professional growth.
- Plan and develop cost-effective facilities to support commerce and navigation within the Port.
- Provide convenient and safe public access to the ocean and Port.
Regular meetings of the Board shall be held monthly on the second Wednesday of each month at 6:00 P.M. at the Brownsville Yacht Club in accordance with the provisions of RCW 53. The Board may from time to time, by majority vote, change the time and place of a regular meeting.